Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Real Life Gets in the way



Ah look, my first late post. And it's fitting quite fitting. What I wanted to talk about what to do when life gets in the way.

Contrary to what this blog may lead you to believe, I have not been working on my novel as much as I would like. Actually, I have not been working on my novel for two weeks.

Which brings me to the fact that sometimes real life gets in the way. Many of us have other day jobs and can't spend eight hours a day writing. Then sometimes those few hours we have have to go to other activities - friends, families, spouses, other career paths, hospital trips, etc. It just eats away at writing time.

This weekend I had the amazing opportunity to compete in a car show and film for G4 Attack of the Show's Viewer's Army. I couldn't miss out on that, but it was at the cost of working on my writing this weekend.

I don't regret any of my choices this weekend. I had a blast at Wizard Con and the Hearse Club won best club display - which makes us awesome! I wouldn't trade that weekend for any amounts of writing time. It just means that I need to give myself a kick in the butt and do some catch up writing next week.

So, my lesson for this week is that it's ok if you don't make your writing goals sometimes, and don't let it dishearten you!

No comments:

Post a Comment